Pages with tag Romania
- Ancient Alien Mystery of the Carpathian Sphinx Documentary discussing the ancient Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon cultures, how their cross breeding may have created modern humanity. All that has something to do with a complex of ancient sites in the vicinity of the Carpathian Sphinx.
- Ceausescu Behind The Myth Documentary about Nicolai Ceausescu, billed as Europes Last Dictator. He ruled the country from the mid 1960's until the revolution in 1990 after which he and his wife were tried in a kangaroo court and were summarily executed.
- DRACULA - THE TRUE STORY AND WHO HE REALLY WAS (Documentary) History/Legend/Vampire Documentary purporting to show the real history of Vlad III. While it does a good job, it has a few inaccuracies.
- Discovering Romania-Wild Carpathia (Mountains of Transylvania) Documentary focusing on the Carpathia mountains as they exist today - it is the last piece of untouched wilderness in Europe.
- Filmul Revolutiei din Decembrie 1989 (versiune completa) A collection of video clips during the Romainian Revolution of 1989. Most of the video is from inside the television studios and halls of power where the Revolution actually took place.
- Knights of the Sky Air War Over Romania A key prize for Nazi Germany in World War 2 was Romania's oil fields. Romania was one of the first countries in the world with commercial oil production. The lack of oil fields in Europe meant that Germany desperately needed that oil to power its war machine. Conveniently Romanians have a historical feud with the Slavic people, and when Germany took over Romania the Romanian military joined the fight against Russia. Which meant that American and Allied forces needed to conduct bombing missions on Romania as soon as possible.
- Sighisoara - A Medieval Tale Sighisoara is recognized by the UNESCO as a world heritage site, is the birthplace of Vlad Dracula, and is the city where Homeopathy was invented. Having preserved its medieval character very well, it's a popular destination and a beautiful city.
- The Thracians, a Hidden History - HD 2013 Documentary discussing the Thracians in what's now known as Bulgaria and Romania, the proud history and culture, and how they became prominent within the Roman empire.