Date: Mon Jan 04 2021 13:23:28 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Con Edison and SunPower are teaming up to build a 'virtual power plant' from a widespread network of residential solar power plus storage systems. SunPower will operate a NOC and run the system.
Con Edison 'Virtual Power Plant' Program Combines Solar and Storage to Improve Grid Resiliency - Project announced in June 2016 between ConEdison and SunPower to build several megawatts of distributed solar plus storage on residences in NY State. Con Edison will own the energy storage units (SunVerge) and operate the whole system. They will use SCADA systems (which I think means DNP3 communication) to "provide remote monitoring and control, allowing Con Edison to forecast and optimize the performance and reduce the need for the utility to rely on traditional non-renewable power sources to meet peak demand."
- Retrieved From: http://origin-states.politico.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/files/CONEDDEMO3.pdf
- Retrieved From: http://www.coned.com/energyfuture/pdf/virtual-power-plant-vpp.pdf
- Retrieved From: http://www.coned.com/energyfuture/pdf/clean-vpp-project-implementation-plan.pdf
- Retrieved From: http://www.coned.com/newsroom/news/pr20160613.asp
- Retrieved From: http://www.utilitydive.com/news/coned-virtual-power-plant-shows-how-new-yorks-rev-is-reforming-utility-pra/421053/