DIY Solar Power projects
Solar power systems can be built on your own at your own home.
Except that you need to understand some things about wiring electrical systems. Perhaps this is best left to professional electricians, because for example it does have to be done in accordance with the electrical code. In any case here is a collection of information about doing DIY solar power systems.
DIY Solar Power projects: Solar power systems can be built on your own at your own home.
- DIY Solar Grid Tie: The Secret to Getting Approved!
- DIY Solar Panels - make your own solar panels for half the price Instructions on taking a stack of solar cells and constructing a solar panel.
- Enphase Microinverters: Small AC inverters meant to be integrated directly with solar panels.
DIY Solar Hot Water projects: Solar Hot Water systems can be built on your own at your own home.
- DIY Solar Hot Water heating systems With some metal tubing and simple construction techniques it is possible to build a simple solar-powered hot water heater. The basic idea is to build a simple wooden frame incorporating two elements - metal tubing through which water flows - a system to passively focus sunlight on the metal tube. For example a simple-to-construct parabolic mirror focuses an intense amount of light on a specific place. Or a simple wood/glass frame collects heat behind the glass. Most of these plans are flawed in one way - they are not integrated with a regular home hot water heater.
- SpinRay Energy Solar Generator and Battery Backup Systems A manufacturer of a "plug-and-play" solar panel system.
- DIY Solar Power projects: Solar power systems can be built on your own at your own home.